Log in or register to start saving your words!

(in Japanese architecture) transom
crosspiece over a door
A crosspiece over a door; a lintel.
A small hinged window above a door or another window.
A horizontal dividing bar in a window.
(nautical) Any of several transverse structural members in a ship, especially at the stern; a thwart.
(nautical) The flat or nearly flat stern of a boat or ship.
The horizontal beam on a cross or gallows.
(figuratively, usually attributive) Items that have arrived over the transom.

Word GAB - © 2019. Brought to you by Steven Braverman