Log in or register to start saving your words!

Vertical sliding gate or valve to regulate the flow of water in a channel or lock.
An artificial passage for water, fitted with a valve or gate, as in a mill stream, for stopping or regulating the flow; also, a water gate or flood gate.
Hence, an opening or channel through which anything flows; a source of supply.
The stream flowing through a flood gate.
(mining) A long box or trough through which water flows, -- used for washing auriferous earth.
(rare) To emit by, or as by, flood gates. -Milton.
To wet copiously, as by opening a sluice; as, to sluice meadows. Howitt.
To wash with, or in, a stream of water running through a sluice; as, to sluice earth or gold dust in mining.

Word GAB - © 2019. Brought to you by Steven Braverman